Thursday, August 20, 2009

~Randomness~

I just finished reading Chapter 11 of Io Sakisaka's Strobe Edge manga. I really admire how Io-san drew the characters. I think they're so beautiful. The story's also fun to read. I feel sorry for the female protagonist at first but I like her optimism when it comes to love. Even though she knows that the man she loves has already someone he cherishes, she still continue to love him in silence while respecting his feelings and admiring his faithfulness and love for his girlfriend.


I think it's admirable because personally I can not do such a thing. I can't be friendly with someone whom I've fallen in love with when I know he's inlove with somebody else. I mean, I don't want to get myself hurt even more because of that person. If it was me, I'd be running away from him and trying to erase his existence in my memory (that's what I personally call SELF-REBOOT *teehee*). Nah, don't believe that... that's just my chicken-self talking. Actually, I think if it was me, I'd be distancing myself from him for a bit but I won't do so much as to lose his friendship. I won't hope for a miracle *that they would break-up in the end kind of miracle* either. I would be focusing on how to boost myself instead like widening my social circle and getting into sports or adventure. But, that's just me... I can't go inside the Manga and tell the protagonist "Step aside, I'm taking over." Besides, I think characters like her is essential to make the manga so beautiful and fun to read. *I especially think that the male protagonist is soooo desirable, oh I mean, so beautifully drawn...I'm so engrossed with it..* Here's some information of the story thanks to wikipedia:

Strobe Edge (ストロボ・エッジ) is an ongoing Japanese romantic shōjo manga written and illustrated by Io Sakisaka which is about a gentle high-school girl called Ninako Kinoshita. It is serialized by Bessatsu Margaretand currently consists of 6 volumes and 19 chapters. Volume 6 ranked 24th as of July 01 2009.
Plot:
Ninako has never been in love and continuosly questions what love even feels like. She then asks her childhood friend Daiki Korenaga, who has emotions towards her, about what being in love feels like. However Ninako is still unsure whether she actully has feelings towards Daiki. Then one day on the train home from school, she bumps into Ren Ichinose, the guy school idol for the female population and the figure whom Ninako and her friend's spend their breaks catching just a glipse of Ren. Afrer a short incident, a short conversation and his smile, she experiences a new feeling, the feeling she has been longing for...love.
Main Characters:
Ninako Kinoshita The main female protagonist of which the story revolves around. A very gentle easily confused adolescent fragile girl who spends her days chasing after Ren. She can be jelous easily and quick to jump the gun at times however she is good at most of her subjects with the exlcusion of mathematics which she mentions is her weakest subject a number of times.
Ren Ichinose The male school
idol who is basically good at everything and plays the role of main male protaganist. He likes to keep himself isolated from most students and is admired by all of the female populous as a result. He has a close group of friends which are male however the story gives the impression most other male students are jelous of his position. He also has a strong passion for mathematics.
Daiki Korenaga Daiki is introduced as a
childhood friend of Ninako's and has strong feelings towards her at the beginning of the story. He grew attachment to Ninako after his parents divorced two or three years prior to the start of the manga to which he had to make the choice of living with his mother and older sister or his father. Since choosing to live with his father his relationship with his older sister lost its flavour. It is clear that Ninako was a love interest of his since he chose the school based her choice and in Strobe Edge: Another Light it is suggested that he picked it last minute.
Ando Takumi Introduced later on becomes a major role character. Ando is Ren's middle school friend and also has a
idol like status so he finds himself competing with Ren like a rival at times. Ando takes advantage of his position and is a big time player among the female students however he forms no bonds or relationships with them and believes himself not fit for a relationship. However his opinion changes after Ninako has a strong affect on him and so his conquest begins.
Mayuka Korenaga Mayuka is the eldest of the main cast and is Daiki's older sister. Her existence is also kept low
profile until a certain point where it is found that she is actually the girlfriend of the unobtainable Ren Ichinose. She has a job which is in the modelling business which she pursued for what she thought was Ren's sake and she is currently studying for extrance exams to university. After chapter 7 she has her own story arc entitled Strobe Edge: Another Light which is set when her parents are separated and where she meets Ren for the first time.

Here are some scanned pages of Strobe Edge *I only handpicked those ones that made me go KILIG... hahaha* Credits to Io Sakisaka for the drawing and the story. Thank you to the group scanlating and sharing this manga for manga fans like me. *I've been trying to find a hard copy so I could buy one but unfortunately I haven't seen one yet...T_T* Oh yeah, some of the pages weren't translated yet so this may contain some spoilers... BEWARE: These are bad for your heart *charing!*.
Ah, ah... such romance... such kilig-factor! *rawr*... teehee... just kidding! Well, let's leave it at that, I'll be continuing my story right now *I'm still logged at the 1st chapter~~T_T~~*. Till next time~~
A nice weekend to everyone~



Always,
CharmAia

1 comment:

  1. awww I'm just reading chapter 11 and i totally agree with you! I love this shojo <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ Aia's happy you've dropped by! A comment is highly appreciated. Thank you. Do come again. \(^o^)/